Farmers’ Market – May 10-Oct 11
132 Robinson Street
( Markham Road, 2 lights north of Hwy 7 on Robinson street)
Freshness straight from the farm! A great place to shop and Live entertainment!
- Please send me email@example.com with your name, cell phone number, and the name of your baked item.
- Trophies will be presented to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners with a $20, $15 and $10 gift certificate to be spent at our Farmers’ market.
- On Saturday, Aug 23rd, bring your entry to the Farmers’ Market between 9am – 10am into my office at 132 Robinson street.
- Please label all dishes & lids, and pick them up at the BIA office either Saturday after 1pm or Monday Aug 25th. NOTE: We have no refrigeration facilities, so if your treat needs to be kept cool, please bring it in a cooler with your name on it.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges. Please be there for the judging!! It’s alot of fun and the media are invited to attend. All contestants are invited to be in a group picture.
- Overall winner will have his/her name engraved on the annual trophy which will be on display all year in the BIA office. The winning recipe will be posted on the web site (hopefully it’s not a family secret!). Remaining goodies will be sold after the contest, with proceeds going to the 1st prize winner’s charity of choice.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 905 472-2462.
Hope to see to you there!
Listen to live entertainment (10am – 1pm) while you stroll, sip your coffee and pick your produce. Musical talent ranges from folk to jazz.
2014 Farmers’ Market Music Schedule!
- May 10th – Forty Something (Opening day – 10am – 3pm & Science Rendezvous!)
- May 17 – Tim Clarke
- May 24 – Andrea Kusmich
- May 31 – Larry Bond
- June 7 – Forty Something
- June 14 – Cameron Kennedy
- June 28 – Jan Hanko
- July 5- Brian O’Sullivan
- July 12- Jan Hanko & Kevin Kerr
- July 19 – Andrea Kuzmich
- July 26 – Laura Heighway & Country Friends
- Aug 2 – Liza Williams & Ron Christian
- Aug 9 – Brian O’Sullivan
- Aug 16 – Debbie & Phil
- Aug 23 – Laura Heighway & Country Friends
- Aug 30 – Debbie & Phil
- Sept 6- Liza Williams & Ron Christian
- Sept 13 – Larry Bond
- Sept 20 – Jan Hanko
- Sept 27 – Brian O’ Sullivan
- Oct 4 -Laura Heighway & Country Friends
- Oct 11- Forty Something
An Old Fashioned Tradition
The Farmers’ Market of Markham Village captures the good old fashioned traditions of the past. The “turn of the century” look of our market is enhanced by a charming venue, complete with old fashioned signs and canopies.
Specializing in Farm Fresh Products
Featuring many organically grown fruits and vegetables, as well as baked goods, preserves, flowers and much much more! The market’s merchants guarantee quality products and competitive pricing.
The Main Street Markham Farmers’ Market is a proud member of Farmers’ Markets of Ontario’s Greenbelt. We have a variety of vendors including:
Their berries are picked that morning!! can’t get any fresher!!
Fresh organic fruits, vegetables
Gluten – free, baked goods and other products
Farmed fresh honey, butter tarts, great soaps and lotions made with honey too!
Markham Guild of Village Crafts
Homemade pottery, jewelry and crafts – a different crafter every week!
and many more!! check often for updates!
Registration for our Farmers’ Market
If you are interested in becoming a VOLUNTEER for the Farmers’ Market please click here to register.
If you are interested in becoming a VENDOR at the Farmers’ Market please read the policies below and continue by filling out the registration form that follows.
• All Saturday Vendors must be set up and ready to sell at 8am. Tear down will not take place until 1pm when the market closes.
• All Vendors must sell only the products, goods or services they have registered on their Vendor Application form. You may update your product line with approval from the Market Director.
• Vendors are not permitted to sublet their booth space. No exceptions.
• Vendors are responsible for their own set-up and clean up. If there is garbage left behind, the Vendor will incur a $40.00 clean up fee.
• All products, goods or services sold must be approved by the Market Director. They must be of the highest quality, no seconds or discounted items will be permitted. All products, goods or services will be reviewed by the Market Manager. The Market Manager reserves the right to refuse any vendor for any reason.
• All Products, goods or services must be displayed in a professional, clean and organized manner. It is important that everyone maintain a very high standard and quality.
• The Market Manager assumes the right to reassign your spot if you are not setup by 8am. If you are late or can not make it, please call the Market Manager at 905 472-2462. Any four missed weeks in a season will result in a vendor losing their assigned spot regardless of the circumstances. Their will be no refund of vendor fees.
• 2 million dollar liability insurance is required. Please submit a certificate of insurance with your payment.
• Any problems with other vendors, or any other issues that arise, please consult the Market Manager.
Vendor Pricing and Form
Saturday Morning Farmers’ Market starts at 8:00 am sharp and ends at 1:00 pm.
Space is issued on a first come first served basis. Booth Space is $30.00 per space per date, 2 spaces are $25.00 per space. All prices are plus HST. One booth per week is available at no charge to fundraising groups. We have a limited quantity of excellent canopies for rent at $10.00 each plus HST. Main Street Farmers’ Market reserves the right to refuse rental space for any reason.
Saturday seasonal rate: $690 for one booth, additional booths are $575.00 ea. Saturday Seasonal rates must be prepaid by
May 7, 2014
* Note: Sat, June 20,2014 is the Markham Village Music Festival – Farmers’ Market will be open until 5:00 pm
We appreciate your interest in the Main Street Markham Farmers’ Market!
New Vendors or Non Seasonal Vendors
Please fill in the following information for our Market director to contact you: