Farmers’ Market – May 9 -Oct 10
132 Robinson Street
( Markham Road, 2 lights north of Hwy 7 on Robinson street)
Freshness straight from the farm! A great place to shop and live entertainment too starting at 10am! New musicians this year!! Come and see who is playing!!
Are you the BEST CHILI cook in Markham?
Come and enter and stay for a taste. All the chili will be sold after the contest with the proceeds going to the winners’ charity of choice.
Contest starts at 11am. 1st, 2nd & 3rd place trophies will be given out.
If you would like to enter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone and the name of your chili. Please put your chili in a slow cooker and drop it off between 9am – 10am to 132 Robinson street. We will reheat the chili at 10:30am in time for judging at 11am. The contest is for novice cooks only. If you have any questions, please call 905 472-2462.
Hope to see everyone there!!
An Old Fashioned Tradition
The Farmers’ Market of Markham Village captures the good old fashioned traditions of the past. The “turn of the century” look of our market is enhanced by a charming venue, complete with old fashioned signs and canopies.
Specializing in Farm Fresh Products
Featuring many organically grown fruits and vegetables, as well as baked goods, preserves, flowers and much much more! The market’s merchants guarantee quality products and competitive pricing.
The Main Street Markham Farmers’ Market is a proud member of Farmers’ Markets of Ontario’s Greenbelt. We have a variety of vendors including:
Forsythe Farms, River Road Farms!, Wing Cho Farms
Fresh organic fruit, vegetables, pumpkins, squash, corn on the cob and more!
Its the Cats Meow Cafe
Fresh brewed coffee, pea meal bacon on a bun and more!
Crown Valley Bakery
Fresh baked bread, scones, apple cake, lemon and banana loafs and more!
Fresh baked studels, pies, cookies and butter tarts
Farmed fresh honey, great soaps and lotions made with honey too!
Artisan Olive oils and vinegars
Markham Guild of Village Crafts
Homemade pottery, jewelry and crafts – a different crafter every week!
and more NEW Vendors this year!! Come and see who is here!
Who is playing at the Market today!! ( every sat from 10am – 1pm!)
- Aug 1st- Andrea Kuzmick
- Aug 8th- Mari Drexler Band
- Aug 15th- Ron Christian & Liza Williams
- Aug 22nd- Rum Cuillin
- Aug 29th- Jan Hanko
- Sept 5th- Larry Bond
- Sept 12th- Jacob Raggivati
- Sept 19th- Liza Williams
- Sept 26th- Northern Latitude Jazz
- Oct 3rd- Jacob Raggivati
- Oct 10th- 40 Something
Registration for our Farmers’ Market
If you are interested in becoming a VOLUNTEER for the Farmers’ Market please click here to register.
If you are interested in becoming a VENDOR at the Farmers’ Market please read the policies below and continue by filling out the registration form that follows.
• All Saturday Vendors must be set up and ready to sell at 8am. Tear down will not take place until 1pm when the market closes.
• All Vendors must sell only the products, goods or services they have registered on their Vendor Application form. You may update your product line with approval from the Market Director.
• Vendors are not permitted to sublet their booth space. No exceptions.
• Vendors are responsible for their own set-up and clean up. If there is garbage left behind, the Vendor will incur a $40.00 clean up fee.
• All products, goods or services sold must be approved by the Market Director. They must be of the highest quality, no seconds or discounted items will be permitted. All products, goods or services will be reviewed by the Market Manager. The Market Manager reserves the right to refuse any vendor for any reason.
• All Products, goods or services must be displayed in a professional, clean and organized manner. It is important that everyone maintain a very high standard and quality.
• The Market Manager assumes the right to reassign your spot if you are not setup by 8am. If you are late or can not make it, please call the Market Manager at 905 472-2462. Any four missed weeks in a season will result in a vendor losing their assigned spot regardless of the circumstances. Their will be no refund of vendor fees.
• 2 million dollar liability insurance is required. Please submit a certificate of insurance with your payment and include the City of Markham and the MVBIA as additional insured. Certificate must be submitted 1 week before start of Market.
• Any problems with other vendors, or any other issues that arise, please consult the Market Manager.
Vendor Pricing and Form
Saturday Morning Farmers’ Market starts at 8:00 am sharp and ends at 1:00 pm.
Specific spaces are reserved only for those who are booked for the entire season. Booth Space is $30.00 per space per date. 1st booth is $30 and second is $25. Must be same vendor. You are not allowed to sublet booth. All prices are plus HST. One booth per week is available at no charge to fundraising groups. We have a limited quantity of excellent canopies for rent at $10.00 each plus HST. Main Street Farmers’ Market reserves the right to refuse rental space for any reason.
Saturday seasonal rate: $690 for one booth, additional booths are $575.00 ea. Saturday Seasonal rates must be prepaid by
May 7, 2015
* Note: Sat, June 20,2015 is the Markham Village Music Festival – Farmers’ Market will be open until 5:00 pm
We appreciate your interest in the Main Street Markham Farmers’ Market!
New Vendors or Non Seasonal Vendors
Please fill in the following information for our Market director to contact you: